View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by wendy30 View Post
I found myself wondering would it be better if he was still drinking or now? That sounds awful.
Is he actively working some kind of a program or is he just "not drinking"? For most A's, unless they are involved in some sort of plan for recovery, simply staying "dry" will result in exactly what you describe--unacceptable, out-of-control behaviors culminating in drinking again, b/c there are no steps being taken to address the problems/emotions that used to be anesthetized away w/alcohol.

Even more important, though, is this: Are YOU involved in some kind of a program? I would strongly recommend Alanon, as it will help you learn to detach from your A and his crazy behaviors while you get your feet under you and figure out how to have the life you want for you and for your daughter. Here's a link to help you find a meeting. http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

Please do check it out. SR is a wonderful resource, but it's limited by its online nature in some respects. Alanon is a great community to be involved in for real-world help and tools to start getting your life together so you don't have to live like this any more. Using both SR and Alanon can be a great combination.

It has to have been scary for your daughter to see her father act like this, "throwing the sprinkles across the room" b/c she was eating them. Do you really want her to grow up thinking this is how she should allow herself to be treated, thinking this is how relationships should look? Consider making changes for HER sake, even if not for your own.