View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lizwig

'RE: online dating. I know two couples who met online and I have to say they are terrific together. It does sound like they all kept open minds though and used it more to expand their"options" for things like theater dates etc. I am not convinced any of the 4 thought they'd find real love. But it makes total sense. You can weed out your "absolute nots" and list all your hobbies and interests. If nothing else you may find a good ski partner or a movie buff. Picturing myself trying to meet someone in a bar these days makes me "white hot"...You know that feeling when someone you love is injured and you know you're gonna pass out? Yeah I do that. Kinda like a fainting goat.

On therapists. I went to one for about a year. Told her I just really needed help with setting boundaries with my son etc. I never felt like I got any solid information from her...but she was super nice and always wanted to talk about my jewelry. (I'm in a couple galleries and she always wanted to touch and ooh and ahhh). She reminded me of a raccoon when they see something shiny. Run away with it, wash it in the river, then stash it somewhere. Anyway...the kicker for me was after a particularly bad week I went for my appointment. As soon as she saw me she said "I'm so glad to see you. I've been wanting to talk to you all week...I've just discovered my son has been smoking pot and I wanted to know your thoughts on it". Yes. Seriously. And I still paid the stinking co-pay! I never returned but do run into her every now and again...She is still lovely...and still wants to talk about the jewelry I'm wearing. Funny. Yes?