View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wendy30

Why am I so angry?

My husband stopped drinking again last Sunday (after he ruined my birthday). I believe that he won't drink again anytime soon, but I think I am really angry.

I was sitting here working on a Saturday night thinking how nice it would be to have a glass of wine while I work into the late night. It seems ridiculous to get upset over that in light of everything, but I just stewed to myself because I am so sick of thinking about his drinking. I really like having a glass of wine and now that's another thing I can't do. Childish, I know. He is doing the right thing now, but I am so resentful still.

I am really resentful that I still can't have my good friends and my husband together in a social situation. Before I knew he would embarrass me with his alcohol. Now, I don't even think it would be that much better. That sounds awful, but I don't understand why he can't just be friendly and sociable.

He snapped at my 4 year old so badly today. She got the sprinkles out of the cabinet and was eating them, and he grabbed them and threw them and sprinkles went everywhere. All day long it was little things like this. I found myself wondering would it be better if he was still drinking or now? That sounds awful.

What is wrong with me?