Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

You have to understand first and foremost that this is a disease. He will never be able to drink like a normal person socially. He officially broke his off button. He will not stop unless his life becomes so unmanageable that he can not function which essentially equates to rock bottom. What his rock bottom is, no one knows.

Some of us are still with our A's, me included. My A grew up in an alcoholic family and was drinking by the time he was 13 years old. He did not find sobriety until his life was so unbearable he could not manage any longer. He was going to die. He knew it along with everyone else. He sobered up for 20 years. In 2009, before I met him, he relapsed. I met him in 2010 and he was lying to himself and told me he was sober for 20 years. I did not find out the truth until we married and his BOOGIE man flew out of the closet. Fast forward to this present day and he is laying FLAT on his back with a 1" hole bored into the side of his head with a drain tube in the neuro step down unit recovering from brain surgery he had on Thursday because of brain bleeds as a direct result of him drinking and riding a Harley Night Train wide open into a 90 degree turn and the fact that he continued to drink up until 2 weeks ago after the initial accident on July 3rd of this year. You'd think the bike accident would be a bottom. His bottom apparently has a basement.

I would not count on him stopping if people are going to be there to cover for him. What you can do is not listen to him say, Baby, I wanna quit! I have to stop this! I'm done. NO!!! You watch him. Is his actions in accordance with his words? Is he seeking help? Is he calling AA? Or... Is he running to the liquor store and hung over day in and day out? Is he asking you to work for him?

His actions are going to be the tell tale signs on if he's ready to stop the madness that lives within him. What you need to ask yourself is... Can I live with it? Can I eat, sleep and breath this life? Do I want to let these children of mine watch this man essentially progress into this disease?

I can tell you, along with many others, what he is today he will not be tomorrow. It will get worse. It is a progressing disease. You will not find true happiness as long as the cap on the bottle is off. He will chose it over you every time. It is and always will be his one true love until he is ready to stop. You will never come between it. He will lie, connive, convince you you're crazy, tell you you're a bitch, lash out at you the more you pry.

So sure, A's can get sober. That is up to them. It has nothing to do with YOU!

You know what I would tell you? I would tell you to get out while you can. Save yourself and those children a lot of heart ache.