View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ProgressNotPerfection

Once you've been pickled, you can't go back to being a cucumber, that's for sure!

Maybe he will stay sober, maybe not. Probably not.

ACTIONS TELL THE TRUTH.

One of the things I've learned about myself is that many times do I not only not know the answers, I'm not even asking the right questions.

One of the things I've noticed in my own recovery is that the healthier I get, the healthier the people are that are attracted to me and that I am attracted to.

STEP ONE - "We admitted we were powerless over other people, and that our lives had become unmanageable."

I've had to learn and re-learn to focus on myself, to change myself, to heal myself, to rescue myself, to love myself -- for myself.

I've had to learn and accept that it isn't my fault my dad was a drunk, or that my kid's mother is simply nuts.

I've had to accept, not just admit, but accept I can't change her and by reading about the steps, about co-dependency, I've been cleaning up the mess and finding peace of mind, hope, excitement about living and I like myself more in a good way.

The pain has gone away as I've healed - the purpose of pain is to tell me something needs to heal, no?

With their mother, she knows if she doesn't keep taking her meds and going to therapy, I'll take the kids away from her until she gets stable again. I have to do that for my kids.

Moving the focus of my eye off of "them" and on to "me" has set me free!

How does one become a butterfly? You have to want to fly so much you are willing to give up being a caterpillar!

H.U.G.S.!! (Hoping U Get Serenity!)