View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SteviePDX

10 Months No Contact with AS - So Sad

Last Christmas I went no contact with my addict son. I just couldn't take the lies and abuse. I have been attending Al-Anon for two years and work the steps and have a sponsor. This was entirely for my emotional well-being. Every so often he pops his head up and stirs the pot and gets me all upset thinking this time will be the time that he gets it together. My expectations couldn't be any lower because it has happened so many times and I get disappointed. He spoke to his step-father and finally admitted all his problems, his life is a mess etc. so we offered him rehab and/or counseling. He went to a couple of sessions and then unloaded on us about all the usual quacking...it's your fault - you are trying to control me and so on. I can't talk with him or have a reasonable conversation with someone who is so unreasonable. I accept the fact that he does drugs - just will not tolerate the way he treats us. I resist the urge daily to send him an e-mail and try and sort things out again but I know it will surely be a waste of time. Just wanted to vent and get any advice. Should I stay the course? Thanks in advance.