View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
It is freakin amazing when that realization finally sinks in. Truly a life altering epiphany!!
When I had the same epiphany, it was like someone unlocked the chains that had been around me since I became involved with the A in my life. Those chains-I put on myself, by choice and it was up to me to unlock them. I did that by walking away from the A and starting my own journey towards healing. For the first time in my life, I made choices for me, not someone else. I owned up to the choices I had made, took responsibility for them and in doing so, could move forward. It was scary, there was a lot of fear at first, but it was all worth it.

As of now, I have moved from West to East to be closer to my family. I made that decision not based on running away from the chaos of living with an A, it was based on sound, rational choices. There have been some challenges here, again, I know I made that choice and I have to live with it. Being honest with myself when it comes to owning up when I have to has been the greatest discovery I have made and a tool I can use when I struggle.