Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SanDog11

Hello Everyone. I want to take my life back.

I've said it to myself before many times, but it is time to take my life back and quit drinking..It is ruining my life.

I am so sick of the guilt and shame that I feel and I can't handle it anymore. I'm 33 and know that if I don't stop now I have a long, wasteful, and depressing life in front of me.

Since I've been 17 i've always had a dependancy on alcohol, pot, and several years ago cocaine. The past 6 years, however, I have been an alcoholic and I can't lie to myself anymore. I need help and I need to take my life back.

The sad thing is I don't know who I am without drinking and that is pathetic. I can't handle what a normal person can deal with so I lean on self medication. I've ruined relationships, lost who I am, and have done so many stupid things It sickens me.

I've never had a DUI, but 4 months ago I was driving in the canyons and flipped my truck 4 times and simply got out and walked away. If that isn't a wake up call what would be, right? Ya right! Now I find myself going out to watch football games and driving home again. I'm an idiot.

I can go on and on but I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I will explore these boards and be around as I fight to get sober. I am officially on the wagon as of today and I don't plan on getting off!