View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsAngel

What do I do? Spice addiction

My husband has been using spice on and off for over a year now. I don't like it, but it didn't really worry me until now. Something has changed in the last two months. He just used to seem a little high like if he was smoking pot. Now he can't function when he smokes and has no control over his emotions. He either gets so messed up that he can barely walk and barely speak or he gets amped up and crazy. He scares me when he can't walk because I am worry he is ODing. Then I worry when be is amped up because his emotions are everywhere and he does have a history of violence.

He hasn't been violent on it yet, but I could see it happening. He is having blackouts, forgetting conversations, losing track of time and days. He called me for ride to work yesterday, I got there about 20 minutes later and he was so messed up he didn't know why I was there. I told him like 5 times he was supposed to go to work and each time he after surprised and asked how I knew.

Anyway, I understand I can't make him quit and this isnt my fault. We have been down this road with alcohol, which he did quit. But the alcohol was never this bad. I kicked him out yesterday to protect myself and the kids. I tried to convince him to quit prior to that, but it just kept getting worse. He wakes up every few hours through the night and smokes and I think he is smoking every hour or two during the day also. Several times yesterday he was so bad he could barely talk.

So what do I do now? He is out, but his stuff isn't and he will probably try to come back. Yesterday at one point I said I was calling for an ambulance but he convinced me not to. If he comes back high, should I call 911 either for police or ambulance? Will they do anything? I am worried he is getting to the point that he needs medical help or this will kill him. I wonder if I should have called 911 rather than kicking him out.

I just don't know what to do from here.