View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Getting started into this . . . . Wow. The Steps. Just like the poster of the 12 Steps on meeting room wall.

Walking up closer it is like walking up to the inscription walls on the Lincoln Memorial. When you stand back and look at them you can read them easily. But as you walk up, they get larger and are way over your head. They just keep getting BIGGER and BIGGER the closer you get.

Had NO IDEA they were such a Big Deal. Just words . . . but much, much bigger than me.

But they are Steps. One Step at a time, and The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Chairman Mao, of all people, about the Long March. Marching always makes me think back to Army times.

In my Basic Training company -- about 200 guys – only me and 3 others passed the driver’s test. So I spent most of Basic Training driving. Ammo truck, ambulance, supplies, food.

Only had to do one long march in all of Basic Training. Suppose I made up for that later when I got all carried away and went back in Combat Arms as an officer. Lotta long trips in boots, then.

So what would LT. Hammer, back then told me, now?

I know. I remember that guy.

----------------

LT Hammer: Quit Talking. Get walking.

That is why it is called “steps,” not just a bunch of words.

Continue to March.

---------------

Yes, Sir.

===============

My daily prayer for the trip ahead.

Dear God,

Please make me a Godly Man. Please direct the thoughts of my mind and heart, the words of my mouth, and my actions to serve You.

Please make me a Godly Husband, that I may have a Godly Wife.

Please make me a Godly Father, that I may raise Godly Children to Your honor and glory.

Please make me a Godly Servant, that I may serve my customers and employers, my community, and my groups, according to Your will and Your way.

In Jesus’s Name,

Amen