Thread: Starting Over
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Hey guys I had my first professional (well kind of) massage session. She's still learning so not perfect yet. It hurt, when I say that I can't quite put it into words, each touch felt like someone pushing glass into me, and I know what that feels like as I had an accident years ago involving a plate window so I have a good reference.

I endured the pain for half an hour because others with my condition say it hurts like hell, I hurt for an hour afterwards and then a lovely sense of relief came over me. A lot of the tension in my muscles went away and I'm still feeling the benefits now. I can often feel the knots in my muscles as the nervous problems cause constant tension which ends up leaving everything feeling shortened and tough to the touch.

I'm hoping this is repeatable. Putting up with truly awful pain for a couple of hours to then get wonderful relief is completely worth it. Don't get me wrong there were several times I wanted to quit, especially as she worked down to my legs, but I stuck it out and may have found some benefit on top of my medications. Tomorrow will be the big test as often pain is delayed. If I wake up tomorrow without feeling like someone has injected me with pepper spray then it's a real improvement.

A good day that's for sure.

Edit

Oh and she hit a few unpleasant areas but hey she's learning. I have a deal in place now, even when she qualifies I get free massages :P