Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by lesliej View Post
who cares HOW it was said?

was it said with profanity? was it said in a degrading tone? was it said without kindness? was it said in a harsh way?

who cares???

you have to look at the content of the message they are sending...not the tone!!

the content is that you have a lying manipulative active addict who consorts with prostitutes

it sounds to me like you want his parents to walk on eggshells around you...expecting them to be gentle in how they deliver an awful message about their son...like you want them to go easy on the truth and enable your codependency.

romantic weekend with your husband?
he is in TREATMENT for IV DRUG ADDICTION
Thank you for being brave enough to say the words I have been dying to let off of the tip of my tongue.
I know his parents should have spoken more slowly and turned away wrath, but all I see in what they said is the truth.
They said what they meant. They spoke the truth. The only thing they did wrong was they said it in a mean way.

Honestly though... Mary Poppins got it wrong.
when speaking about addiction, often times there is not enough sugar in the world to help the medicine go down.
Sometimes we all need a wake up call.
Im sorry of my words offend you, but please, please please.... take it from someone who has been there.