View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I've never read the book or done the crash course or any kind of recovery program , i only found SR after being sober for 9 months .

I just looked at my life, the evidence of experience and decided to quit no matter what , i noticed it was always my arm that lifted drink to my mouth .
So obvoiusly i was always in control . My arm dosn't go up to my mouth by itself ever without me wanting to move it , it just kinda dangles .

I also noticed no-one had ever died from a craving , detox maybe but not craving , but had from taking drink and drugs. thefore i thought craving is something born out of our minds and thoughts as it has no physical manifestation , it's not hot , it's not cold , sharp , soft , rough .

Then my brain went on to negotiate with me , what if i lost my motor skills ? what if i lost my sight ? or hearing ? No no no NO was the answer .

I realized i need never drink again if i didn't want to and i haven't . Welcome to freedom .

Although i do try to make my sober life as glorious as possible , but to me that just seems sencible dosn't it ?

Bestwishes, m
That in essence is what RR talks about, bottles don't open , arms don't move, by themselves. I'm grateful those ideas were put in print, for whatever reason I was too stupid to realize and implement the process of ending 'my' addiction. Stop using the substance, whodda thunk it, brilliant!