Thread: Sweet Tooth
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GreekGuy

Sweet Tooth

So I relapsed a few weeks ago, I didn't hit myself over the head about it since I know this happens often to people. I have now been sober again for 2 weeks and feel great. But I did something very different this time when it comes to my sweet tooth. I never have one when I drink but when I stop I go crazy for sweets. Last time I stopped I would eat so much ice cream every night. This time I said I wouldn't do that. I've stuck with Fruit. I eat fruit every night when the sweet tooth kicks in. I know still a lot of sugar but it has no fat and at least the sugar is healthy. Anther trick I do is I will take a 100% Cranberry, 100% Pink Grapefruit or 100% Pomegranit juice with no sugar added. I'll poor myself some Sodium free Club Soda till the glass is about 75% full and fill the next 25% with the fruit juice. This way I'm not drinking so much sugar (even though it is natural) and i'm still getting a sugar kick. It also tastes great! Sometimes I'll just squeeze a whole lemon or lime into my Club soda and it is really good. The great thing about this is I'm also getting really hydrated (something the ice cream never did for me) and this time my skin looks so much better because of the liquids and all the fruit. The last time I quit my skin looked terrible going 2 weeks out. Yes, I still crave some chocolate, but I will go to the health food store and get 80% dark chocolate in a very small bar size. But since the fruit I've only actually craved the chocolate twice.

I do have one question... How long does having a sweet tooth usually last?