View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
afla

I was dreading what would happen tonight with those guys. I should say it's worse than they do drugs, one is a dealer and the other has done so many vast varieties of drugs, my bf has said the stories made him wish he'd tried things more in the past. Fortunately, though he tried things long before me, he has never yet took them up on anything. Though he used to say he liked that he might be getting passively high with them as well as drinking with them.

Sadly, he told me tonight, after talking to them, that he doesn't think he's an alcoholic anymore (he did yesterday). He thinks he's just a bad drunk and it's causing problems.

He isn't on a program yet, the bad night last was Saturday, so this is his day 3. He made calls, not very enthusiastically at first (I told him trying to call once does not mean "couldn't get through"), there is a centre he says couldn't arrange an appointment for both of us due to closing early but that we should both drop in tomorrow. So that is tomorrow. His doctor is also doing a call-back on Thursday, to discuss visiting him. He is hoping for referral to a counsellor by his doctor.