View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Sounds to me he has embraced his sobriety....good for him!

But like you write, you are dealing with your thoughts and feelings.

I would support him wholeheartedly...

If I was sponsoring him I would give him a big time kudos. If he was in AA see if he has a big book and give the Family Afterwards a read. It's a bit dated but very upbeat.

Sometimes we keep our doubts to ourselves other times not....should you ask him if it's all for show? Probably not.

Put your focus back on your program...you deserve your own recovery and the joys that come from it. You are a very caring and loving person.
No, he's not embraced sobriety. He's still binge drinking. He's always been a binger so he has periods of being normal and then depressions that come after his binges, depending on how severe they were and how he felt afterwards.

He is not in AA and does not read the Big Book. As you said, I just have to put the focus back on me. I know for a fact I'm still struggling with acceptance and that's a hard place to be. Accepting him as he is right now, not as he was, not as I want him to be. And, if I accept him for who he is right now, can I continue to live with someone who deceives me, lies, breaks the law risking his job and our financial future? Only I can answer that question but, in the meantime I have to keep working my program and finding my own way.