View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Lorelei,
I congratulate you on joining, posting, even if you failed. I failed every morning for two years and then joined here on SR and learned that maybe even I could recover. I did, and the fine folks here, of which I include myself, can help you get past that annoying failure part if you really want to. I needed a jump start and checked into the hospital and did a 7 day medical detox. See I am much older than you if that is your picture and didn't quit until I was shaking every morning like I was palsied, and drinking 30 plus drinks from wake up to passing out at night. I swore to quit every morning for that last two years until it got so bad I knew I would die from it and quit that way if I did not man up and do something to quit the hard way and live easy.

You can, first three days to detox, and those can be trying to say the least, and then one craving and minute/hour/day at a time. Get your Doctor on your team too. I also used AA for my first three months and they were great for face to face and friendships for real world support when here was not enough at the start. I stopped active participation in AA because I recovered, and only because of that. I still visit the group from time to time.

Read a lot and post a lot here, we will teach you if you do your part.