View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Boleo
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Yes, you are correct. I've had no spiritual experiences. I have no spiritual condition. I don't believe a higher power can remove my problems. That path does not exist in my reality.

That doesn't mean I'm to be pitied.
I have some bad news and some good news;

First the bad news - you qualify for the Herbert Spencer quote mentioned above.

Next the good news - you qualify for what is known as the "Principle of Favorability".

In the alchemist what is principle of favorability

You don't need to take my word for it. You need not like it nor believe in it one tiny little bit. It works for anyone new to the spiritual path. In fact, go ahead and call it "Boleo's stupid hair-brained theory" for now. What you call it does not diminish it's efficacy the least bit. All you have to do is "Do the deed".

1. Find someplace completely private.
2. Tell no one what you are going to do.
3. Start your prayer off with the most pesimistic opening line you can think of: ie; "To that which I know does not exist -"
4. Follow your introduction with this simple little prayer *

"GO AHEAD - DISTURB MY DAY".

*Watch out. This will bring a spiritual experience into your life within 72 hours. Whether you believe it or not. Whether you you want it or not. Whether you expect it is real or not.

The Principle of Favorability is not my theory. It is built into the fabric of the Universe. If you fail to get prodigious results within 72 hours, I will eat my words and issue you a formal apology. For the first time ever on SR, I will announce "BOLEO WAS WRONG!".