View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Help with crazy neighbor

I could use some advice/help...

My neighbor is abused by her husband (or has been bc she told me so) and he is a drinking buddy of xAH. She decided to take up drinking more often too to deal with her H (again she told me this)....

In the past year she has gone from being a friend and supportive, to oddly supportive of xAH so much so that she has participated in being his mouthpiece and badmouthed me to a good friend who in turn believed her tales of how "crazy" I am and also pulled away...

It sounds too bizarre to be real, right? I tried to hold my head high and not be upset but my kids friendships have been impacted by this triangulation smear campaign and the neighbors have a 5 yr old who my 5 yr old was good pals with.

This summer the neighbor was content to have her kid play at my house and my girls re struct up a friendship with their daughter.

Yesterday xAH came over, made a scene and I called the police. The neighbors stood and watched it all then LIED to the cops when asked what they saw. I then spent the day getting texts from the neighbor telling me what a crazy b*itch I am and that "everyone" knows xAH is a victim of your craziness".

When I got home with the girls she shouted all of this at me from her window too. Then she spent the night staring at me like a stalker from her window and being vile in her texts to me.

My girls were in tears, don't understand and I too am hurt, confused and scared.

How does a known abuser (my xAH) suck in neighbors to this extent???

I am beginning to believe that in fact I AM crazy and it is me.

I do not feel safe living next door. I feel like I am being watched/judged/harassed and obviously asking them to stop has not worked.

This woman continues to rant about me to mutual friends and today I got a text from a mom whose daughter is my older daughters friend asking why I am harassing the neighbor.

My kids are losing friends left and right bc of this craziness and I am not reacting or responding to it and it's insane...

Advice??

Oh and the police in my town are sympathetic to xAH and when I call them I get nothing but attitude.... It was my word vs xAH and the neighbors yesterday and the cops were rude to ME!

Im at my wits end...