Thread: hi all
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

hi all

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi... Things are not fabulous, nor terrible. I'm going day by day enjoying my kids, had a fantastic summer with them, just returned to work last week and am grateful for the recovery tools from here that help me all throughout my life, not just with xAH.

Today was the girls first day of school and as we went outside their 4 month old kitty ran out and straight down the driveway, into the street and was hit and killed. It was pretty awful for the girls and I alike. And I have to admit that were it not for a lot of tools I have learned to keep my cool in highly emotional interactions with xAH I might have had a total meltdown-- lots of momentary thoughts of "how can this happen?", "it's not fair", "why me" crap... But I got my sh*t together, got the kitty from the street, set him aside and we all cried a bit then got into the car for school and work and faced our sadness without letting it consume us and went on with our days. We had a funeral for him tonight when I got the girls and got home and as awful as it was it was really a good opportunity to experience dealing healthily with emotions that hurt. The girls are still torn up as am I but it felt nice to be able to have a crisis come and go without having it consume my whole life... That used to be how it would go-- everything was a crisis and my emotional health was non existant. It was good to recognize that a really crappy situation could occur and I had the ability to cope and deal. That hasn't always been the case. The less interaction I have with xAH, the better able I am to deal with life...

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi and share a bit of recovery positivity I guess even if it's in the context of a terrible bit of news...

Hope you're all well...