View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hellomynameis

I asked some sober folks about that question myself. There are kids in those meetings who started going when they were infants. And what one of the members said struck me as true b/c I was guarding myself when speaking with kids in the room (I don't have kids myself.)

He said, these kids haven't heard or seen anything any worse than what people are talking about in the rooms. And most of the older ones will occupy themselves outside the rooms as they get older.

Wise words.

Take your baby...and when you are seeking for a reason NOT to go...look at your baby and remember the promise of sober life you want to give to her. If anyone has an issue w/ the child being there...then that is there problem.

I will caution you...bring the right things you will need with you to tend to your child...toys, diapers, bring a seat for the child to sit in independ of you if they can do that. (the car seat is great). It is rather distracting for a screaming child or a toddler running amok in the meeting. You can manage all that though!

There are also ONLINE meetings that are helpful too...check out the NA website for those if you can.

Good luck to you....you are making a brave choice!