View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Changing my cell number means she wins; it's a hassle to have to inform people and places of that change

Nope. By not changing your number......you are giving her the opportunity to win over and over and over again.

I "reconnected" with my XAH a couple of years ago trying to present a united front for our addicted son. Started out ok but within two months it turned into serial texts from XAH regurgitating our divorce and marriage (from 30 years ago!!!) spewing a lifetime of his venom and resentment. It was sad and very very sick. My phone sounded like a winning slot machine from all the dinging from these serial texts. I'd had the same cell number for a very long time (10+ years). It ticked me off but I changed the number after three days of that nonsense. Problem solved. If a winner has to be declared.....I won......because I had peace. I controlled what was within my power to control.

Yes. It's a pain in the butt to change a number that you've had for a long time but doing so makes it impossible for her to contact you ever ever ever again.

gentle hugs
ke