View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
overit263

Originally Posted by KeepinItReal View Post
He first admitted he had a problem May 2010... it's been 3 years of him trying. Sad. How long for your husband overit?
For mine we worked through a relapse two years ago, he got treatment, a psych but he is also diagnosed bipolar. He had been doing great, we moved for his promotion over a year ago, and I caught him lying about smoking cigs about three months after the move. I couldn't figure it out because no money was missing and no belongings were missing. I kept asking him to go to the doctor over and over thinking that it was his depression getting the better of him...wasn't the case. I was as careful as could be, asking many questions...then everything finally came to a head and I caught him with proof. It's been a struggle for him as long as I've known him, but he was in NA, had a sponsor etc. when we got together and married. I worked my ass off to put him through school so he didn't have to work, and he didn't really really well. He started working for a corporation after graduation, received many awards, and just threw everything away. The really fun part? Piecing together all of the lies with his now former boss. He quit his job opting to be back in a bad area for him with family that uses. He's too afraid to stick it out here and fix the problems. So he tells me he doesn't want to be married to me anymore and I'm not fighting it. Instead I'm protecting myself and getting out of the marriage. He just threw a great life filled with opportunities away and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I hope for the best for him but prepare for the worst. This is not the many I married, this is full on addict. What's worse is that he doesn't sound like he's in recovery in the rehab center. Woah, sorry to ramble- he's supposed to pick up his stuff tomorrow before he leaves and I'm very anxious. I don't want to see him and I haven't heard from him since I told him to handle his life himself.