View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KailaeBlaze
Such a mess...Coalese

Smile Babies at NA Meetings? Also, Hello!

I am a new mother to a beautiful 4 month old son. I am also a rx pill addict. I have been struggling with addiction for 10 years now, since I was 14. I was clean from the moment I found out I was pregnant only to relapse about a month after giving birth. I take Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, Percocets, Ativan... I know that my son needs the mommy I am without the drugs and I would do anything to be that for him. But I am powerless over my using and need more support than what I have.

When I was clean during my pregnancy, I couldn't believe how much happier I was. Life was worth living, colors even seemed brighter... Now that I'm back using I feel the depression, anger, and just general dislike of everything creeping back in.

. I want to go to meetings again. About a year ago while away from home I went to a AA meeting every day for two months and I loved the support there. There are several NA meetings that take place near where I live now and I feel like it'd be a really good idea for me to go, but I have a problem: I live an hour away from anyone who I could trust to watch my son. Would it be okay to bring him to meetings with me? Of course, I would leave if he began to cause a disturbance or anything.

I'd also appreciate any advice and support from you guys. I've been a long time lurker and I love the community here.