View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hellomynameis

Can you ask that member of the opposite sex to be your "temp" sponsor until you find someone more permanent? If you do it with the understanding that there isn't any commitment on his part, then perhaps it can help you through this tough spot and he can add some insight into your own search for a permanent sponsor.

Also, remember HALT - Hungry, angry Lonely and tired lead to relapse for me at least...

Also remember this - you mentioned that you have a hard time making meetings b/c of family obligations - remember when you were using? I didn't give much care to those when I was using. Please be sure to give youself a priority for wellness that helps you make those meetings. I have found in my area that some people bring their kids if they are well enough behaved, or check in with other NA members...perhaps you can trade child watching in the lobby or in an area at the meeting so that you can all make a meeting in turn.

Walking is such a source of peace for me. And what a blessing to spend time with your loving daughter. Many gifts there for you and she. Thank you for thinknig of me. It means the world to reach out to other addicts to me.

Also, try ONLINE meetings. The NA site has lots of links to those. ONLINE Meetings while not IMHO as intesive do offer more insight than not doing them at all.

You have so much to give the world...you are worthy of your own recovery...

This website also has some great online chats...apparently there is one tonight...