View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
iamrecovering

Thank you, hello---
I did some research last night on PAWS, post acute withdrawal, and it made perfect sense. My brain is recovering from being numb for so very long, it will take a while to heal. The problem with my home group is there are only a few females there and they don't have enough clean time to become sponsors. I think my only chance is to find other meetings and hopefully there will be someone there. I have a hard time making it to the other meetings because of children and family obligations. I'm honestly not making excuses, I would love to go to a meeting every night, it's just not doable at this point in time.
I will take your advice on the exercise. No, I haven't been. I seem to be "too busy" to find the time, but THAT is definitely an excuse My daughter would love to go for walks with me, so tonight I will go for a walk with her and think of YOU. Thank you.

I wish that it was acceptable to have the opposite sex as a sponsor. There is one person in particular in my group who has been clean for over 20 years and he is amazing to listen to when he speaks. his life is all about NA, in every aspect. There is no attraction physically to him WHATSOEVER, I just admire and respect him for his accomplishments and wisdom.

Anyway, thanks so much for your advice. I was so pleased to log in today and see that someone responded!