View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chanandlerbong

Red face Vertigo and alcohol withdrawal

HI just joined tonight as i would like to get some opinions on alcohol withdrawal and quitting in general...so to sum it up im 24 living i Ireland(a drunken irish man who knew??)so basically ive been drinking since i was about 14 or 15 it started with me and my older bother and friends every weekend we would buy beer and hang out..i wasnet a big drinker at first i would usually vomit after 3 to 4 beers ..as i got older around 16 or 17 towards the end of secondary education i would drink a shoulder bottle of vodka(half bottle) 2 nights of the week then drink beer on the weekend as usual..then once i turned 18 i was working in a bar and i drank a lot always went out etc ..so ive had many experiences over the years being arrested embarrssing myself around people and i guess people always new i was a bit of a dipso..in recent years i coudl no longer be happy with a 6 pack or even a 8 pack at home i would buy 12 and drink them all sometimes more..i always suffered with hangovers vomiting headache the usual...but about 2 years ago one day after a bad binge drinking weekend i thought i was having a heart attack ..turns out it was a panic attack and every since that day ive had panic attack/anxiety after days of drinking but they usually passed a day or so later ...my father passed away last year and i had been the last person in the family house until 2 weeks ago when i moved out..so i have been stressed and a little depressed aswell to be fair ..but last weekend i was out with friends from thursday through till the following monday drinking ..so tuesday i had the usual panic anxiety ..over the days before i had noticed i was dizzy at times for no reason but it would pass until yesterday i was out with friends i hadnt drank in 4 days and had panned on cutting down etc when all of a sudden the dizziness appeared again and it was so much worse after walking a few foot i would almost fall over and faint ..this happened several times and i got a frind to drive me home i thought i would just sleep and id be ok but when i woke up the same thing i couldent walk at all without getting dizzy and feeling faint ...so i went to a doctor and i explained about my panic etc ..then my new symptoms he told me its vertigo and gave me pills for 2 weeks but he assured me its nothing to do with alcohol ??? so i took the pill yesterday and again today and i did feel better but i decided i would walk around to the local shop literally 5 minutes away and i was just as bad as yesterday i could barely stand up people must have thought i was drunk i was sweating and grabbing on to things and stopping in the middle of the street cos i was so unstable ...is this an alcohol withdrawal symptom will this pass with the tablets ??im so shook up about this right now its the worst thing ive ever experienced im afraid to leave the house..i dont plan on drinking anymore after this for sure ..just curious has anyone else experienced this will it pass ?? cheers everyone ..sorry if there is spelling errors i just typed this all in one swoop