Old 08-17-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
madisonblake

Crazy ending to a date that is triggering memories of ex addict

I broke up with for the final time with my addict and haven't had any contact in months. I met someone a few months ago who sparked my interest. Things were going great. Has a great job, successful, responsible, smart, etc. We hit it off quite well. He asked to take my 4 year old and i to a baseball game last night and there are friday night fireworks afterwards so we go. The night was so strange to say the least. My daughter has only been around him a few times. Last weekend I had her in the car and I gave him a quick hug and she got really jealous and didn't like it. I kind of blew it off to her being 4 and not knowing him. She is after all ONLY FOUR!

We get to the ballpark, get a hot dog, she goes on a ride and we get to the candy cotton line. She had a little melt down because I wouldn't get her a large bag of cotton candy. No biggie. She's ONLY FOUR! She had a blast watching the game, ate peanuts, did the all american ballpark thing. We watch the fireworks and by this point it is late. She is an angel in the car reading her book and she and I were cracking jokes. The guy I was out with was really starting to seem distant all night, was quiet the entire drive home. He made a comment at the ballpark like "wow she's a really jealous kid!" I thought, hm, that's an interesting statement to make about a child you've only been around a few times and you don't even know her.

anyway, I'll make this short. He drops us off, helps me to unload the car, we are standing in my foyer and my daughter is on the steps two feet away, I thank him for taking us to the game and give him a hug. It's already 11pm...late for a four year old. My daughter. said "i want my mommy" and this dude snaps and yells really loud as I'm hugging him "JESUS!!!" and slams the door open to run to his car.

I was stunned beyond belief. This grown ass man acting like a baby because my daughter wanted her mommy, storming out like a toddler because he wasn't getting all the attention. Mind you, there were no red flags for two months like this. It came out of nowhere. I obviously told him that behavior and insults towards my child sealed the deal and I no longer wanted contact with him. His response in a text "YOUR daughters behavior sealed the deal for me!" Um, whaaaaaat?!?! I was so insulted beyond belief.

I guess this just triggered so many memories of my past with my ex. My ex was amazing with my daughter. He truly was. Unfortunately he was a total train wreck and abusive with me. But this behavior from this guy last night and my ability to just say hey, no way buddy. This is unacceptable, a HUGE red flag, and you just got your walking papers really made me think back to my addict. I never in my past would put up with a fraction of the poor behavior I put up with when it came to my ex addict. So why did I continue to stay in the crazy cycle with the addict? I still dont fully comprehend it at all.

As I sat out on my deck last night for a few hours just stunned at what had just happened on this date, for the first time I truly felt thankful for one thing my addict taught me. . . which is to NEVER put up with unacceptable behavior. . . especially when there is a child involved. For that, I guess I should thank him.

As far as this other guy, he acted like a baby throwing a temper tantrum because he wasn't getting all the attention all night. Later! No sense in chasing down a bus where there are many more coming along! Yuck!