Thread: Starting Over
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Just keeping this updated because it seems to help me.

I'm still sober, doing ok. Today wasn't great as I had a few things I needed to push myself to do so I'm aching all over but hey, I got stuff done so that's great

Going to have a nice hot shower because that helps with the pain and then cuddle up with a hot water bottle on the most painful part of me. I haven't been able to do any meditation for the last 3 days and I always notice the difference in pain levels when I don't do a regular practice. So I'm going to dedicate myself to that tomorrow.

As before I intend to update this regularly until I feel myself on a more even path. I've learned things from my previous relapse, notably that when out with friends my guard goes way down and I'm more likely to drink and of course if I screw up I can get back on this sober path easily.

Still I don't go out with friends often, but when I do then I must make an extra effort to stay sober. I'm going to tell everyone I know that the pain meds I'm on mean I can't drink, that should take some pressure off me, even if it's not quite true.