Old 08-12-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
I have also found that there is only one thing I need to continue to be vigilant of -delusional thinking.....When I use the term "delusional", I am not saying it is stupid, foolish or even inferior thinking. I am specifically referring to the self-deception aspect of it. I catch myself lying to myself hundreds of times a day and that is only the tip of the ice-burg as far as I can tell.
Yeah I concur. Examining my alcoholism has been like taking a finger out of the dyke, and I'm astonished when I examine all the cracks. As you inferred, this is not just when it comes to drinking - there are many aspects of my life that are affected by this "thinking problem". I've also said before that I truly saw the light when I started being honest with myself, and also trusting myself for the first time in years. I had lost so much confidence in every decision I'd made for so long, I'd forgotten the meaning of the word.

It's scary, exciting, and interesting to start living life with open eyes. Also very challenging, to stay focused and vigilant on some issues (don't drink) while exploring new ways to live and new ways to view life as a whole. Glad to hear others have noticed this as well.