Thread: Starting Over
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Originally Posted by DaveyT View Post
Remember that while many people can be hlped by a set program, some people need a very personalised system. So far I think I am one of these people.
I am one of these people as well. I should have prefaced my comment by saying "in my experience" or "for me". I don't follow any set rules, I just tweak and adjust things as I move forward on my journey. When I find something that works, I am loyal to it and become very passionate about it.

To me, mentioning a relapse is akin to thinking about running into an ex girlfriend again - just maybe, someday down the road, I'll run into her, etc. I have found that it is best for me to just avoid those thoughts all together, whitewash the entire thing and look forward. I suffer from depression, and there are certain subjects I need to banish from my thought process to keep my sanity. The same goes for drinking. I often refer to my drinking past as "cutting off an arm", it's gone and I can't get it back. For me, I need to think that way. For me, that works. Right now.

Good luck on following your own path, I encourage it!