View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
As much as I truly NEED a vacation right now, anywhere - I wouldn't go either. Let him be an arse on his own, you don't need to be dragged into it.

Let the gossip flow along witht the drinks, who cares!

Peace,
C-OH Dad
Well, considering you 'don't have time to fart', yes a vacation sounds like a wonderful idea to you, doesn't it? LOL, sorry, but that's the first time I saw that on your signature and I remember the thread where it was in the first place. Thanks for the AM chuckle!

As for the trip. Yes, I think he wants a babysitter. Although, the year before that we were in Nevis(took a ferry from St Kitts) and there was only one time that we were separated. He played golf in a tournament that offered free booze and I went to the spa. He was drunk and I was p*ssed and he was a HOOT at dinner. Well, most everybody kept asking me, "Wow, I've never seen J(my AH) like this before. He's so gregarious and funny." YEP, that's him and I'm sitting there just grateful that he wasn't further in the bag. He still, to this day, denies being drunk that night. Whatever. Of course, what made my night was that the young Greek guy who worked our table that night apparently had a thing for me. A few of the other wives noticed him doting on me but not on them and brought it up to AH in the van on the ride back to the hotel. So, from then on my AH used this information to tell me all about my new 'boyfriend', UGH! The attention was nice, but bringing it up to AH was not helpful from the other ladies. Not their fault, they don't know how AH can be but I was cringing when they started talking about it and making sure that AH knew every detail and every 'extra' thing this guy did for me that he didn't do for them.

I actually have a feeling that he may not go. But, he said that last year and wound up going anyway. He says that I am taking away this huge honor that the company bestows on him and that he works so hard for. Hmm, well every year for the past 10 years(excluding last year because I didn't go) he would start complaining about the trip in August. Telling me how much he doesn't want to go, how he hates the trip because all the corporate big whigs will be there and everyone has to be on their best behavior, how you can't really ever relax, blah, blah, blah. His complaining nearly drove me to stay home the year we went to Cabo. Then, we'd get into a fight about my mother, who was using her own money to fly out here to stay with our son. He'd throw her under the bus, complaining about how she is a grown woman but can't drive us to the airport. I'd point out that she's doing us a favor and he should just be grateful and that it wouldn't kill us to pay for parking for 5 days. Round and round we'd go. The good old days and I won't have to worry about those conversations this year because I have chosen NOT to go. Whew.....