Old 08-05-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Lexie, your place is looking great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that you are going with neutral tones. That lasts for ever. Remember those avocado green appliances, and these yellow stoves. Now wallpaper is really quite easy to remove. At least most of them. If the wall was properly prepared before wallpapering. I've done this.

Just need to say, it is all looking so good. It must be a pleasure to come home now.
I've actually removed (and hung) wallpaper, and I know it isn't that terribly difficult. I just don't know when I would have the time to do it, and I'm sort of inclined to leave it be until I can have a pro do it.

I did run into one glitch this weekend. Comcast came out to run cable to the basement, and the only way to do it is to fish the wires through the ceiling, which involves cutting holes in the drywall. Three weeks ago, the entire ceiling was cut open, and they hung new sheetrock and already painted it. Aaarrrgh! I wish I had known about that before we closed up the ceiling. Oh, well, my tile guy also has an electrician friend who is coming out later this week to give me a quote on it. It shouldn't be that terribly big a deal to patch the ceiling--just ticks me off that I didn't know about this earlier.