Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I like the tile in the basement. I'm looking into ripping up the awful carpet in my basement and just painting the floors and throwing down some rugs or something. That tile, however, looks pretty nice.
The tile in the basement is from Lowe's, 88 cents/sf. It's actually pretty nice tile--has a nice texture that really does a nice job of mimicking stone. And it's got a slightly cushiony feel, too--nice to walk on.

I got my samples of laminate in the mail today, and I found one that will be PERFECT for the countertop in my kitchen. Also found a sink and faucet I like, so hopefully I can get that bit done shortly.

This house was built in the mid-70s, so everything is VERY dated (though quite stylish when new) (apart from the excessive mirrors). LOL, when I moved in there was a built-in stereo in the basement with an eight-track player! It was sort of like walking into a time-warp.

I got a call from the carpet installer, and the carpet will go in a week from today! So I re-scheduled my next appointment with the organizer. I thought the carpet would be done before the end of this week and I'm gonna be busy enough getting things ready for the carpet installation that moving the organization to the following week seems like a good idea.

Hopefully I can do something with the bathrooms in the next year or two. I'm sorta maxed out on the improvements I can do for this year once I have the rest of my planned projects done. Oh--and the remaining wallpaper gotta go in a year or so, too--I'll be ready to paint again by then. I painted most of the house five years ago after my sewer backup, but I left the wallpaper in the kitchen, bathrooms, and hallways because it wan't too yucky.