View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Hi MB... I had a day like that last week. You know, it felt like I was walking through treacle and although I had tons of things planned to do, the energy and motivation to do them just sort of disappeared. I ended up lost in my own thoughts and did nothing. Then of course I beat myself up for wasting a day and being a general ungrateful waste of space..blah blah blah.

Mine started when i found an old school report of mine from when I was in Junior School. I read the comments from my teacher written when I was about 8 years old. She described me as being a very quiet and serious child. I felt really sad reading that, it sort of reminded me that life was fricken serious at that point in my life and I sort of mourned the carefree and happy existence I should have been having. I dunno, can you mourn something that never existed? Probably not.

But it's ok. I needed that day maybe. We can't always be on the top of our game can we?

One step backwards and half a dozen forward...and is any time spent reflecting on things wasted? I guess this living life sober thing takes some work you know. We had years of running away from things, burying them, masking them. We can stop doing that, and then we can learn to face life head on.

If you are finding these dark spells getting closer and closer together MB, maybe it's time to have a chat with your doc or your therapist? I know for sure I would be lost without counselling now.

But hiding under the blanket? Naah, you don't need to do that. You will get through this x

PM me any time today, I am around but not necessarily logged on to SR. Big hugs x