View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Grace2

Monday 8.50 and it's absolutely bouncing down with rain.

Good morning my lovely August friends. I was just thinking to myself that this time last year I was reaching the end of my tether, I was in such a mess in these weeks leading up to my sobriety birthday, I could see no way out, I knew I was drinking myself stupid, I knew I had to stop pressing my self destruct button but it was always 'I'll do it tomorrow, I'll start tomorrow'. No I know that there is tomorrow, today is all we have. I'm happy to be sharing my journey with you, we've been through a lot, things can only get better. My life is still hard in a lot of ways, but at least I'm living it and I'm dealing with what it throws my way.

I had a good week end, I had all my family round yesterday for a birthday buffet ( it was my natal b'day last Wed) and it was good. Even my dear old Dad enjoyed it though I don't think he knew what he was celebrating, bless.

I'm glad you had a good weekend too Jodie, it sounds like you had a busy one and I love your plan for next weekend, I hope your injuries etc get better rapidly.

See you soon.

Gxxx

Just for today..... Don't be intimidated by the impossibility, be motivated by the possibility.