Old 08-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NatureAngel

Hi Anoronha, I just posted in your thread in the 'Mental Health' section. I too have bipolar and am a recovering alcoholic.

I read in your other thread that your Dr. stopped one of your medications a month ago. A month ago is when you were doing so well.

Like I said in my other post to you, there's no shame in having to take medications for a real medical condition. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If a diabetic was having trouble with blood sugar issues no one would tell them there weren't working a good program. It's no different.

I think I read you have 4 months? That's great!
You don't want to drink and deeply regret it. Hang on, keep posting, talk with your sponsor and please call your Dr.

Originally Posted by Anoronha View Post
I call my sponsor everyday without fail. I went to 9 meetings this week. Usually I go to 3 to 4 meetings a week. I called 4 people today. I'm having thoughts of drinking to escape because I am bipolar and depressed and anxious right now. I've done everything possible gone to a meeting and talked to people. I just want to hide under the covers so depressed. I was doing so well a month ago. I just want to not feel like drinking again. I hesitate to reach out to my sponsor because I don't want her to think I am working a bad program. I meet with her once a week and go through the steps. I think I am going to give my sponsor a call right now.