View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
Ok it looks like you got it all together so fast. Alcoholism is a disease if not insurance companies will want you to explain this to the medical community and stop paying for treatments. Dis-ease is something I have trying to make sense of many things seen on the internet again by people who don't have a clue and mimic what they hear incorrectly.
"However, if I say

"Yay my beast died. I am cured and will never drink again"... that is not misinformation." You may want it that way but it's BS to me!

"I am just confused as to who is posting misinformation on the internet. This is only my opinion but, how can one be misinformed that a recovery method works for them?"

OMG are you Al Gore and believe all the internet is so pure because he invented it? Can I say it's my opinion that trekking across Death Valley is OK without water during the summer make it correct. If it works for you fine, I wish you luck for the long haul, lets say beyond 5 years. For me tried and proven methods gets my vote not opinions by someone unknown with little experience to quote. As stated You'll not change my opinion 1 iota. I am concerned with newcomers looking for outs and wiggle room when they are so fragile and wanting the easiest softest way to avoid the pain they are going through.
BE WELL
You are personally attacking my recovery method... or the fact that I am recovered and do not feel the need to do it your way. The only "proven way" yet the success of all methods including yours is very low.

My method on the other hand, is perfect for me. It is definitely not easier or softer to say "I will never drink again and I will not change my mind". It would be easier for me to say:

"...oh poor me, I have a big disease of pouring booze down my throat.-Quote Fandy

So at this point I feel your logic is quite twisted and I am choosing not to be spoken down to anymore because I only have 5 months of sobriety. I have attended other programs and have not had the success I have had thus far with this one. Self-recovery/RR is working for me.

As to the rest... I do not feel a need to prove anything to you but, there are others on here with many years of sobriety using this method.

BE WELL,
Jess