View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Hi MB, pleased you're doing well and fighting the good fight.

I'm off work now for the next month or so, and am keeping pretty busy. Truly reaping the rewards of my sober life now. This time last year I was only a couple of months on the wagon and still in that newly sober freaking out a bit phase...lol. Life here is pretty awesome. I'm facing and working through a lot of issues with my parents. My smoking beast has been more than a bit annoying through this and I've been having fairly strong cravings. Whatever. That part of my life is just over, I don't smoke and that's the end of it. The eating thing has not been very successful, but I'm still trying, and to be honest I'm taking a bit of time off the need to constantly strive to fix the next bit of me. I'm just wanting to settle a bit, re-claim my life and let myself just be.

I will do things that feel good to do and be ok with that. My head sometimes spins so fast with all the things I juggle in my life that I get a bit lost. It just feels good to operate on my own timetable and not somebody else's for a bit.

I'm looking forward to our family holiday in Crete in a few weeks. I've got myself a place on a mindfulness meditation course starting when I get back. All in all, I'm in a good place, and stronger than I ever have been.

Keep going badass pals xx