View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
fedupbeyondall

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Why are "we" deciding he needs a new career?

Seems to me that that is a very personal decision--one that he may choose to kick around with you to get your opinion or feedback, but it is HIS decision.

When it is a "we" decision, then who can he blame when it doesn't work out? You can guess.
I may have misspoke, the decision was his to make and he decided a different career was the solution to the problem. We talked about how to pay the bills without his income during the transition that was going to take about a year. We have a shared savings account (the rest of our finances are seperate) that I agreed to use to fund this endeavor. So, I guess that's where the "we" comes into the decision making process. I was ok with the decision as long as we could maintain our bills. What ended up happening, was that the savings account was drained very quickly by two people, one who couldn't say no at the time and one who acted like he just got his allowance and his parents messed up and gave him a years worth of money instead of just a weeks worth. I do take the responsibility for that happening, at least part of it, because I never said no to any purchases he wanted to make. Which is why I don't comment on that situation very much because, ultimately it was my fault. The fact that I would even have to say no to a full grown man who wants to spend, spend, spend when there isn't a source of replacing the funds is sad in it's own right, but I should have recognized what was happening before it got to that point. I will be perfectly honest here, I'm so afraid of him when he is in his crappy moods, I was willing to do just about anything to prevent them from happening. He isn't violent, by any means, but words can be just as hurtful and from childhood on I haven't learned to defend myself from hateful words. Fists, I can take care of, words not so much. Our finances aren't in shambles, well mine anyways (finances are seperate), but we do have a lease that both of our names are on and I'm not willing to trust him to pay the rent and not destroy my credit with an eviction.