View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
OMG how ignorant I am! First I cannot drink in safety period. Next my AV is with me as long as I live it doesn't go away if I make up delusional thoughts that I'm OK now that it's under control. Too many people are dead with the concept that "I'm recovered." Once an alcoholic ALWAYS AN ALCOHOLIC, no going back. Perhaps following the above will work if a heavy drinker follows it. Ask how I'm so sure. BE WELL
I don't know anything about you or your level of ignorance, but you seem to have read things I did not write.

I don't drink any more because I have decided to never drink again. I made the decision because drinking was killing me, and it seemed to be the sensible thing to do.

My AV is also always with me. It is just not really relevant to my sobriety anymore. I have no delusions about alcohol, but I am just fine now. Really. And I am recovered from my addiction now, and yes, there is no going back. I like to think that Onward is the way to go, confident and secure in an unconditional sobriety. Never drinking again no matter what.

The 'following', as you describe it, has indeed worked for all sorts of drinkers. Heavy drinkers, desolute down and outers, and everyone in between. The 'following' is nothing new, and its ideas and precepts have been helping folks sort themselves for thousands of years.

Ken's OP was about the source or origin of AV, and I provided the definition of Addictive Voice and how we construct it. There is a lot more information about this approach and other approaches like it here. If you are interested in learning more, feel free to ask!