View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MysticCat

Well I cant say for sure if it will get worse, but I can relate to your situation. My husband drinks every night. In fact, he stops at the gas station on the way home to pick up a six pack for the ride home. Yes! He drinks in the car, while driving home. The trip is only about 20 minutes. If he stops at the bar, he grabs a six pack from the bar for the ride home. But, he still manages to work full time (10-12 hour days). So, he doesnt have a problem right? As long as he is providing for his family, he thinks it's ok to not be emotional available to us or verbally abusive to my 13 yr old daughter. Because, he has to be in control of his own household. I mean stupid stuff, like if she leaves her socks laying out, he gets so rude and it annoys me. But, the clingy behavior I relate to too. Especially lately. I think he knows I want him out and that our relationship is basically over, for me at least. He keeps trying to hug me and kiss me and I have never heard I love you so much. And yes, I try to keep busy too, just so I dont have to sit down with him. And I make it a point to creep into bed slowly and quietly as not to disturb him. As for if it is something bigger, well I am not sure. I keep reading that this disease is progressive and as far as I am concerned, it's progressed far enough for me to handle. Hugs to you, you are in my thoughts.

Blessings,
MysticCat