Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

Hi Weekenders, just made it up to Philly a couple of hours ago. Actually had a nice, long phone conversation with my mother which is a bit of progress. She's a drinker and while mostly supportive of my decision to become sober, it's still tough to talk to her when she gets a few in her. When I first stopped drinking I couldn't bear to be around/talk on the phone with people who were inebriated (I know, hello hypocrite!) because I would just get so...I don't know...angry? Annoyed? Jealous? Something.

It's getting easier now but I still don't trust myself with much more than phone calls. Even then, once the slurring and the repeats start, I can feel myself getting antsy.

Sigh. Hope this eventually goes away as most of my family are big drinkers and I hate the thought of never speaking to them again in the evenings on the phone.

I have so much respect for those of you getting and staying sober with active drinkers or users in your house. Your strength is admirable. I can't even handle the phone calls most times

Alright, enough of that. Thinking of some hot tea and bed.

Ice cream cake and crisps would be wonderful too but I polished off half a bag of Hershey's kisses today so I think I have had my carbohydrate quota for the week.

Might do with some smokey, freaky streaky tomorrow morning though (thinking of you, Mecanix )

See you all tomorrow, stay strong and stay here with us!!

(Ricky---16 is a comin'!!! So happy for you!!)