Old 07-26-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Woohoo View Post
My husband drinks beer every single day..sometimes 6 or 12 or 18. It is hard to see and watch and stay strong. But, I have to live for me and let him make his own choices. The weekends are the hardest for me..he is home from work and I get that terrible feeling of dread. I plan on cooking and doing some fun hobbies that I enjoy and let him get plastered and be thankful it isn't my body that is polluted and will have the hangover and guilt. Thanks for all your post guys..it really helps me so much..Lovin SR!

You can do it girl you are doing great, read this thread for inspiration and feel free to post there too http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...loved-one.html
We can become and stay clean and sober and find contentment whether our loved ones are still drinking/using or not.

Anyway, I am in too of course for a sober week end. Not much planned, I will be working mostly and also going to my home group. Maybe I should text my friend who is also in recovery and ask her if she wants to go hiking sometimes tomorrow. Exercise is good for me.

Wishing everyone a wonderful sober week end.