View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
LiveLikeGold6
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hello familiar group! I've been away a while as you all know and there have been a few changes and I'm right back here. I got into a huge fight with my mom and she finally said she wanted me out. My son's dad, since we were working on our relationship suggested I move in, which put my commute to my job at 1.5 hours each way. I moved in with him, quit the job, got a new job at a hotel serving food. It was fine foe the first week or 2 but quickly each day became ten times worse then the prior. he had high expectations of me that I wasn't meeting. Every turn I took he had a complaint and would even shout so loud as to scare our baby into crying! I finally had enough and moved out today! I'm with my dad and this is the last safe haven for me and my son. he has been a tremendous grandpa.

I feel a mess though. The relationship is obviously toxic. I'm "out there" drinking 1-3x a week and I know ignoring sobriety and recovering isn't the best thing to do. I saw black spots the other day at work. A coworker who confided to me that he is in recovery said that was a sign of withdrawal. I hadn't drank in 2 days tho! My hands have been a bit more shaky lately too. I'm extremely indecisive and feel scared about going back to recovery.

I've been doing well in school and work, and my son is great n just full of explorative energy.. but I need to do better.

You guys sound great btw