View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MaxieJ

"Support" a Codie?

Hi I would appreciate some advice!
Long story short, I have alc Bro (widower) and codep Mom. Mom is going to court for temporary custody of his two boys aged 6 & 8 later this week. Mom is 70 and does ok, but this will be hard on her physically, let alone the mental anguish she has been though the last few weeks.

I have chosen to remain vehemently neutral in this situation. Way I see it, it has taken two to tango over the last 10 years and I have opinions neither party would care to hear.

I called to check in on Mom today and made the mistake of letting her start talking about it... "...So the lawyer asks me, is your daughter supportive of you in this? I had to tell her no, I get no support from my daughter." I told mom I just want to see eventually see the two of them living independent lives, without all this codependent crap (oops). That did not go over well. Luckily her cell phone rang so she left it at that.

How in the heck do I "support her" but remain uninvolved? I don't want to get dragged into this, yet here I am, posting about them instead of taking care of myself and my own family on my day off. "I ain't got time for that."

Thanks I appreciate your input.

MaxieJ