View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Grace2

12.15 Sunday

Good morning Sunday best Undies

It's a bit of an overcast one here today, just pegged three lines of washing out so it's bound to rain, oh well if it does it will save me from watering the garden letter!
Had a bit of a lazy morning and I've not done a great deal, which makes me fee guilty, but I wanted to come and do a bit of posting while I can.

D.G, I wander then if our other halves get discount from where they do their shopping, lol. You're doing well with the weed, you've more weed free days than not over the last month, so keep on perservering with it.
I had my hair cut too yesteday and my roots done, so at least I feel a bit more presentable. What are you sewing? I'm dying to know.
When it is my other halfs day off on a Tuesday, he cooks dinner, usually the simplest of things, he can only do two dishes and one of them is salad, he uses every dish, pot and pan we have and I'm left with the clearing up!
I should have a spotless, tidy home, but with taking on a three year old, I always have toys out, finger prints everywhere etc, etc, it's like fighting a losing battle but on the other hand I'm sober, I'm realistic and I'm coping with whatever life throws at me.

AW58, I'm sorry you feel so unsettled and I wish I knew what the answer is. Going back to places from where we had good memories is always bitter-sweet and I'm guessing because you are not blotting those feelings out with booze it's hard actually dealing with them, but you will. I know it's easy to say but we can't dwell on the past and what might have been. I've been married before and have grown up children so I do know where you're coming from, it's hard to let go.

HI Messyliver, welcome to the Undies, it's good to have you with us, you'll get lots of support here so stick close and keep reading and posting. Day 3 today for you then. Just remember it's one day at a time, baby steps all the way, those little steps soon add up to a mile.

EVERYBODY, STEVE WORKS TOO HARD AND TOO MANY HOURS!

HD3, that post is so true, I can relate to it so much. I would like people to think of me as being witty, clever, intelligent, beautiful etc, when really I'm just me, plain old shy Mary, who is a better listener than a coversationalist, a bit clumsy, a bit dipsy, a recovering alcoholic, that's the real me! The honest me who I actually prefer.

Welcome back Lydia, I amire your honesty and I'm glad you've come back. Sobriety isn't a race it's a journey with lots of twists and turns and some big mountains to climb. You're not on the journey alone though so stick close and read and post as much as you can.

Drake, I hope you're feeling better, I can see you have a bit of a dilemma with your dear friend, I think you may have to stand firm on this one and stick to your guns, you have to be in control of your own life. There will be a balance, it's just finding it! You need to be firm with him and mean what you say, I have a very controlling son and I'm working hard on practising what I preach!

Hi Siesta, I'm sorry you've got so much going on in your life, I hope you manage to work through things with your husband. The A.V will be beckoning, he doesn't need much of an excuse to swoop in, so stay strong and don't let him wear you down. Dee is right, posting here more often can only be a good thing, it just helps getting things of your chest and hearing other peoples prospective on things. Stick close.

Steve, I checked in yesterday and you even ticked my post!! Must be all those hours you're working getting to you, lol! Glad you're having a quiet day and I'm glad to see you've not lost your appetite.
I wish you could get on holiday too, you deserve a break. I'm betting your wife and children wish you were there with them, I bet they miss you like crazy. xx

Toots, that's really good advice you've given there and I re-iterate everything you've said. You give such good, common sense advice. By the way, I haven't forgotten that I said I'd p.m you, just been so busy, but I will do as soon as!

Aw58. I think it is really good that you have had a good chat with your husband, communication is all important in any relationship ( says she who struggles with it!) and I think that now is a good time to make plans for you and your husband to do things together. Saving for a static home sounds more than good to me, go for it. xxx

Messyliver, day three was the worst day in my whole 11 months of not drinking, I spent the entire day crying, I stayed up all night tearing my hair out, I was in the darkest of places, I felt like running away to a desert island and just hibernating, but I'm still here 11 months down the line, still sober. Do whatever it takes to keep your mind occupied and post and read here as much as you can, you can do this, you are not alone, we've all been where you are. You can do it, you're worth more.

Back later

Gxxx

"If, after a period of time, we find ourselves in trouble with our recovery, we have probably stopped doing one or more of the things that helped us in the earlier stages of our recovery."