View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

DG, I so know what you mean about the bad habits of a loved one, be it toilet seats left up or crocks left unwashed! I used to let everything get to me til I built up a head of steam and blew, but not I think ' hey the world is not about to end over this. Find a way of dealing. For example, lovely hubby folds damp towels, so they are nice and smelly when I come to use them, so he has his towels I have mine. I also have a prima Donna chef, so instead of moaning that he uses every utensil and crock, I throw a pinny on, and act as his kp (kitchen porter, aka dogs body) and make a game of it. What I'm saying is, don't let the little things become big things! That said, you couldn't get your morning coffee??? Now THAT is not acceptable!!!!

Messyliver, glad you found your way here, you will get masses of support and advice, this is a great thread! What are you doing about your recovery? Are you going to try AA? I know you felt you might have a problem with your liver, have you booked to see a doctor yet? I know you are abroad somewhere, but perhaps a doc could point you in the direction of help for your drinking?

Stevie, you turned down work????? Seriously, no wonder you are a little resentful at not being able to relax and enjoy a little R&R with your family, I bet they all wish you were there too! Hope you get some decent down time between shifts. What football ground is it you work at?

HD3 it is only natural to want folk to only see the best in us, most can't look honestly in the mirror and face their darkest parts, but we can only start to heal when we see ourselves warts and all, and begin to make changes. In time we can actually become the person we want people to see. You have come a long way on your personal journey.

Lydia, welcome back, it was near enough a year ago I first logged on, but I wasn't ready yet to accept my alcoholism, I didn't really give sobriety a chance. It had taken me years to even get to the point of looking for help and advice. It took another 8 months of stop start to get to where I am now, 4 months sober. AV is a tricksy nasty wee squit and will push you away from SR when it is trying to tempt you, so stick close this time and read up on things like PAWS and urge surfing.

Siesta, good to see you and you are doing the right thing reaching out rather than giving in.
Again look at PAWS I thing that may help you understand what you are going through drink wise, relationship wise, have you and your hubby talked? Maybe the relationship has drifted as you both deal with your sobriety, maybe counselling or even just dating again would help you reconnect? If there is nothing other than joint sobriety, perhaps the relationship has run it's course, as you say, you have much to think over, but you really need to know where hubby's thoughts are at too

Good to see 3 new faces, I look forward to more posts from you all

WWG, Pete, grace, Gilmer murchovski et al hope your weekend is going well

Be strong, be safe, be sober!