View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

you're obviously a 12 step person so what does your sponsor say? why do you do the things you do in sobriety? is it because you want to be of service and want to do the work you need to do to have an active relationship with God? because right now, you're sounding very entitled. i've done all this work so i should get *insert desire here.* i know the feeling. sometimes, it drives me crazy when i do something good and i don't get jack for it. that's when i start getting restless, irritable and discontent. that's when i have to reexamine my motives and shift my thinking. if i'm upset, it's often because my way of thinking has become sick.

as far as getting a girl, being sober doesn't guarantee you a woman. even if you find a woman, it doesn't guarantee you love. all sobriety guarantees you is that you're not drinking. what you do with your sober time is where life is. so don't blame sobriety for your lack of love life. perhaps your standards are higher now? perhaps you're still getting used to your new sober self and you're finding it harder to connect with women without alcohol lubricating the interaction. also, i'm sure your dating pool has shrunk since you're probably not attracted to any lushes. there are a lot of issues at play here.

my personal recommendation is to talk to your sponsor. he knows you well and may have some interesting insight. don't do the sobriety work with the goal of having the perfect life. do it to keep your relationship with God right and to be of service to others. that's where many people find true happiness. the more you work on yourself and gain that peace and confidence, the more people are going to see that in you and be drawn to you. i'm sorry your so angry right now. i honestly wish i could give you a hug because you sound like you could use it. take a deep breath and have faith that you will find someone one day. have the confidence in yourself to be discriminating when it comes to a lady being interested in you. if you keep working on yourself and move past this rough patch, a woman is going to find you attractive. just make sure it's the right lady.