View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jzeb2008

can an addict actually love his wife?

Can an addict actually love his wife?

My husband told me last weekend (within the same day) that he was filing fora divorceto spite me, but that he stilllovesme.In thenext breath, it was that he wanted to work things out (but we could stay separated if I wanted) as long as he was able to see his daughter regularly. When I asked him about getting sober, he ended the conversation. He didn't call all week but I found out that he got his phone turned back on Wednesday. I texted him, begginghim to consider treatment. He blew me off until today. He told me to leave him alone. I told him that I'm not saying another word about treatment, that his sobriety is his own choice but to know that the real problem in our marriage was always the way he treated me while using/drinking (neglecting me, abandonment, withholding affection, emotional abuse, ect.)and my problem was always trying to control his addiction. Next thing I know, he's telling me that he loves me and wants to see the baby and I tomorrow. I asked if we could possibly meeting for a bit to talk tonight and he said be was busy. Yeah, I bet! He said we could meet in the morning. This man has hardly been around our 2 year old daughter in almost a year. Since he's been gone, it's all he's talked about. I'm not sure if he really does love me or is just wanting to see his daughter. Is it possible that he doesn't love me anymore because I drove him away. Feedback from recovering addicts/alcoholics (or anyone) would be helpful. Thanks!